Students applying for a competitive GUROP or Kalorama summer fellowship grant should read the following carefully.
How to submit your application:
- Complete GUROP online application. The Kalorama application is available HERE.
- Copy and paste the additional components into one Word document. Include your name as the title of your attachment as, eg., "Jane Hoya–GUROP (or Kalorama) Application"
- Email your application to GUROP@georgetown.edu by 5pm on Monday, March 19, 2018.
- Email both a PDF and drop off a complete hard copy (one-sided printing) in Gervase B-03 by the deadline. Send the email to email@example.com.
A complete application consists of the following components:
- Online GUROP application or Kalorama application.
- Descriptive research proposal written by the student. The proposal may be up to eight (8) type-written, double-spaced pages describing:
- The work the student has been doing with the faculty mentor
- A complete plan for a research project that you would like to pursue, written in a clear, concise, and original statement. Your statement should demonstrate your understanding of research design and methodology and explain the relationship to your previous research. This would also include how you became interested in the topic. Please review this narrative for both substance and style with your faculty research mentor and other knowledgeable individuals in the field of study. Charts/graphs/tables, etc. may be included as extra pages.
- How this work will contribute to the student’s education, skills and intellectual goals.
- Timeline of activities for the duration of the summer research (8-10 weeks)
- Itemized budget of specific research expenses, approved as necessary by the faculty research mentor, and additional to any already provided by laboratory or other research site.
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable but will be verified), including a list of courses in progress
- Letter(s) of support from the faculty research mentor(s) and any other relevant parties
- Inclusion of documentation of any special special requirements for certain students and fields of study, e.g., IRB approval (or evidence that the application is in process), completion of OGE's Travel Authorization, etc.
Application Deadline: GUROP - 5pm on Monday, March 19, 2018. KALORAMA - 5pm on Monday, March 19, 2018