Monetary Award Structure
Funding for GUROP Summer Fellowships consists of three parts:
- GUROP award of $3000 provided in mid-August and based on evaluations of research experience provided by both student and faculty research mentor. Due later (first day of classes) will be a brief progress report about the research project itself.
- Variable funding (maximum $300) to meet specific, approved expenses as detailed in the application. A request for more than $300 would be exceptional.
- Further funding is possible (up to $2000) for students who have a very high degree of need (as verified by the Office of Student Financial Services) and who demonstrably would not be able to participate without added assistance.
- Any student with personal resources or funding from another source (e.g., supported by the faculty mentor’s grant, etc.) is encouraged to submit a complete application.
- Any student willing to be funded only to meet specific expenses of a project is encouraged to apply.
All students who successfully complete a competitive summer GUROP research project will receive the following notation on their transcripts: “Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Summer 2016.”